I just made this breakfast bake this morning for my brothers and sister in law. They all ate two helpings. My sister in law also ranked this as her number one french toast recipe!
This breakfast bake can be prepared in 10 minutes and only takes about 25 minutes to cook. No need to make it the night before. I took this recipe from the Pillsbury website and altered it a bit.
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
1/4 cup Butter, melted
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with icing
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Pecans
1 cup Maple Syrup
1 tub Icing from Cinnamon Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour melted butter into a 9×13 pan.
2. Separate both cans of rolls into 16 rolls and cut each roll into 8 pieces.
3. Place roll pieces into the buttered pan.
4. Beat the eggs and then add the cream, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture over the rolls. Then sprinkle with pecans.
6. Pour the maple syrup over the rolls.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
8. Heat the tub of icing in the microwave for about 15 secs and pour over the french toast bake.