Just in time for the Superbowl…here’s the perfect appetizer! These meatballs are easy to make and so very tasty! I used very lean ground chicken (97% lean), but I would recommend using a higher fat content of ground chicken if you want these meatballs to be a little less dry. Either way, they are still delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
2 lbs Ground Chicken
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs (you can use regular bread crumbs instead)
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 Celery Stalk, minced
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon Salt
Blue Cheese Dressing for Dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter and hot sauce over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Combine chicken, panko, eggs, red pepper flakes, celery, red wine vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
3. Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to make small meatballs. Arrange on a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
4. Bake for 6 minutes and then rotate the pan in the oven. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with more hot sauce while the meatballs are still hot.
Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. It’s a great idea to cut the celery sticks very thin and use as a “toothpick” for the meatballs. You can also sprinkle the meatballs with additional crumbled blue cheese for more flavor.