After returning from a recent trip to the King Arthur Flour Store, I was inspired more than ever to keep baking! The store was my Disneyworld! It’s full of everything you need for baking and cooking. I could have spent all day there. I had ordered products from them in the past, but it was even better to see everything in person. While I was there I picked up some miniature chocolate peanut butter cups. I found this great recipe for cookies using the peanut butter cups on the King Arthur website.
If you don’t have miniature peanut butter cups, you can use a mixture of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. I’m certain that the cookies will be just as tasty!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
2 Tablespoons Water
1 1/2 Cups Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and water, then stir in the dry ingredients, blending well. *The dough is very thick!
5. Stir in the miniature peanut butter cups.
6. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheets. Then flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick. *These cookies will not spread too much, so don’t worry about having them close to one another.
7. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they’re set and you can smell chocolate. These cookies are very soft when they’re removed from the oven. Let them cool on the cookie sheet and they will firm right up.