I’ve seen these treats on Pinterest and really wanted to give them a try. There are a bunch of different recipes out there, but I really liked this one. I altered it a bit, and overall, everyone really liked them! They’re perfect if you want to make them the night before you need them.
**The recipe makes enough batter for exactly 32 cupcakes. If you cut the recipe in half, it will make 16 cupcakes. I have a lot of muffin pans, so I was able to make 32. It’s up to you to figure out how many you’ll need!**
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
44 Oreos (32 left whole, 12 coarsely chopped)
4 Blocks of Cream Cheese (8oz. each), at room temperature
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Place one whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add in the sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour in the eggs, a little bit at a time.
4. Beat in the sour cream/yogurt and salt.
5. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies by hand.
6. Pour the batter into the pan. You can fill the batter to the top of the liner. They will not overflow.
Tap the pans several times to allow the batter to settle. Then fill with more batter until it’s full.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, rotating half way through the cooking time. Bake until the cupcake is “set” and doesn’t giggle when you move the pan.
8. Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then transfer to a plate and keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours until serving.