I’ve made this pie before but couldn’t find the recipe for the longest time. I tried to find it online and had no such luck. Thankfully, I found it and tested it out at work today. Huge hit! There are plenty of versions of it out there, but this one is so good that there’s no reason to try any other version.
I’m also not sure who to give credit to for the recipe. It came on a recipe card that was part of a Christmas present. I’m pretty sure that it’s either from Reese’s or from Hershey’s.
Gigantic Peanut Butter Cup Pie
3 tbsp Butter, melted
27 REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
10 oz. package REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
1/4 cup Water
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Heavy Cream
1. Place oreos in food processor and mix until crumbs form. Mix crumbs and butter in another bowl and then press into a 9 inch pie plate. Place in refrigerator while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
*I’m pretty sure that the grocery store sells oreo pie crusts already made. They would work perfect for this recipe if you didn’t have the time to make your own crust.
2. Unwrap and chop 20 peanut butter cups and set aside.
3. Place peanut butter chips and water in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth and set aside.
4. Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in peanut butter chip mixture.
5. Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl with an electric mixture until stiff. (This usually takes 3-5mins to make)
6. Fold in 1/4 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Continue to fold in remaining cream.
7. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups.
8. Spoon the mixture into the cookie crust pie plate.
9. Decorate with the remaining peanut butter cups.
**Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. Can be made the night before**