Quinoa is one of those newer foods that is becoming very popular. Quinoa is pronounced “Keen-wah” and has about 24 grams of protein in 1 cup. It does not have much flavor, but will taste amazing when mixed with great ingredients. This recipe was recommended by a friend of mine. It’s originally from Alison Sweeney, but I modified it a bit.
Quinoa with Spinach and Feta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Cup Quinoa
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
3/4 Cup Spinach, chopped
1/3 Cup Feta, crumbled
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and heat about 3-4 minutes until translucent.
2. Add the quinoa to the saucepan and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock. Cover the sauce pan and simmer for 20 minutes. (Use this time to chop the rest of your ingredients)
4. Remove from the heat and let sit 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients.
ENJOY! (without the guilt!)