I was looking for an easy breakfast treat the other day and stumbled upon this recipe from Ina Garten. I’ve made cinnamon buns in the past from scratch, and this recipe is a million times easier. They’re soo good!!
1 Box Frozen Puffed Pastry, thawed
12 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
1/2 Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Cup Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
2. Mix together 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar with an electric mixer. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups. Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
3 Lightly flour a wooden board. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, (and 1/2 cup of the raisins-if you’re using raisins).
Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down.
4. Slice the roll in 6 equal pieces.
5. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups and press slightly into the pan. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Be careful – they’re hot! Allow to cool for 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.
**I made half of these with raisins and half without. Either way, they’re great!!